Madame Tussauds places Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s waxworks in Hollywood zone
Written by KingCnote on May 14, 2021
The wax figures of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been placed in a Hollywood zone at Madame Tussauds London.
The museum separated Prince Harry, 36, and Meghan Markle, 39, from the rest of the royal family last year following the couple’s bombshell statement that they are to ‘step back’ as senior royals.
Tim Waters, General Manager at Madame Tussauds London, told The Sun: ‘Ever watchful of the celebrity landscape, we’ve moved Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s figures to join their Hollywood friends, reflecting their new status on the world stage as A-list favourites.’
The wax figures of the Duke, 36, and Duchess of Sussex, 39, have been placed in a Hollywood zone at Madame Tussauds London.
Madame Tussauds is a popular tourist attraction in London, with a reported 10 million guests each year.
It offers fans a chance to take selfies and snaps with their favourite celebrities, if they’ve been unable to meet them in person.
The waxwork of Meghan was unveiled 10 days before the royal wedding, with Prince Harry joining her in front of an interactive screen with different backgrounds.
Wax replicas of the pair previously stood next to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, with Kate Middleton and Prince William on the other side.
Wax replicas of the pair previously stood next to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, with Kate Middleton and Prince William on the other side (pictured)
In 2019, the waxwork of the Duchess was briefly moved to a glitzy bar area alongside A-lister friends like The Beckhams and Tom Hardy.
Steve Davies, previous General Manager at the museum, said: ‘Meghan continues to carve out her own modern take on life as a royal, and we want to mirror her independent celebrity status in the attraction.’
And last year, the figures were removed from the rest of the royal set with the venue tweeting: ‘We’ve got to respect their wishes #Megxit.’
At the time, Steve said: ‘Alongside the rest of the world we are reacting to the surprising news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be stepping back as senior royals.
The waxworks have now been placed in a new Awards Party zone along with their showbiz friends like George Clooney and Victoria and David Beckham
The museum initially separated Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from the rest of the royal family following the couple’s bombshell statement that they are to ‘step back’ as senior royals
‘From today Meghan and Harry’s figures will no longer appear in our Royal Family set.
‘As two of our most popular and well-loved figures they will of course remain an important feature at Madame Tussauds London as we watch to see what the next chapter holds for the them.’
The latest move from the popular tourist attraction comes after a royal expert claimed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are competing in a ‘petty transatlantic popularity contest’ with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge .
Duncan Larcombe, author of Prince Harry: The Inside Story, said Prince Harry, 36, and Meghan Markle, 39, who are currently living in their $14 million mansion in California, are ‘playing into the cult of celebrity’ after stepping back from royal duty last year.
The latest move from the popular tourist attraction comes after a royal expert claimed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are competing in a ‘petty transatlantic popularity contest’ with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
He said it was a ‘complete change’ from the era of Prince Philip who maintained the focus should be ‘on the causes’ and ‘not on the royals.’
Speaking to The Sun, Duncan said: ‘William and Kate are quite clear they need to do more to sell themselves as a couple, family and personalities.
He continued to say there had been a noticeable change in the way the couple interact on recent appearances.
He added: ‘Things like their anniversary video, that is a deliberate charm offensive to sell them as personalities as well as people who are going to be the king and queen.’
This content was originally published here.