HARRY AND MEGHAN: Surrender “Royal Highness” Titles
Written by KingCnote on January 20, 2020
On Saturday, Queen Elizabeth formally announced an agreement with and Prince Harry. It appears Harry and Meghan Markle won the negotiations. Here are the details of the arrangement, which takes effect in a matter of months:
- Their loftiest titles, “His/Her Royal Highness,” were stripped away.
- They remain the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Yet they won’t flaunt those titles outside their social media and website.
- Harry will always be a Prince by blood. He’s still sixth in line to the British throne.
- As part of becoming “financially independent,” they now owe $3 million for last year’s upgrades to their London home, Frogmore Cottage.
- Harry and Meghan won’t take taxpayer money, which paid for their extravagant lifestyle up until this point.
- Like previous years, Harry still gets about a $5 million annual allowance from his father’s $88 billion estate.
- They promised to earn money in a fashion that would “uphold the values of Her Majesty.”
- The Royal Family will review this pact in one year and make adjustments as necessary. (The New York Times)